As the population grows, the demand for products and goods increases. The most common way to transport these items across the country is by commercial truck. For this reason, the commercial trucking industry in the United States must meet these needs, and for that to happen, it must also grow. It is estimated that of all products shipped across the country, 70% travel in a truck.
There is a wide variety in the size of the trucks used for the delivery of goods. Massive 18-wheeler trucks, mid-size trucks, and even smaller trucks can all be used. The type of truck chosen to transport various items will depend on the needs of the cargo. For example, frozen products must be shipped in a truck with specific temperature controls.
Realities of truck accidents in 2021
Despite the importance that large trucks have to the economy of the United States and to the daily lives of Americans, they are still very dangerous for drivers. Over the years, commercial truck accidents have increased. Indeed, from 2017 to 2018, these incidents increased by 1%.
There have been so many cases where truck accidents happen due to the recklessness of the truck driver or the violations of the trucking company. For this reason, the trucking industry has been severely affected by the public perception that truckers are dangerous and negligent. Bodily Injury Caused By Trucking Accidents and death have happened far too frequently across the country.
It is believed that by 2030, deaths from traffic incidents involving trucks is believed to be the fifth leading cause of death in the country. This means that the dangers associated with trucks on the road are unlikely to diminish anytime soon.
In 20201, the following five facts about truck accidents are particularly important:
- From 2009 to 2021, truck accidents increased by 52%.
- Statistics show that truck crashes most often occur in the middle of the day from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Passenger vehicle occupants are the most affected when colliding with a truck. Of all reported fatalities involving trucks, 68% of people in a passenger vehicle were killed.
- When it comes to fatal car crashes that were reported, the majority of about 74% included a truck.
- Driving a truck is extremely complex, more so than driving an average sedan. There are many considerations that need to be taken into account, including ensuring that all components of the truck are in good condition. This is especially true for the tires of a large truck, as tire problems are responsible for 30% of the trucking accidents that take place. Tire problems are the number one reason a truck crashes.
Speak to a Mississippi 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer Today
There is an ongoing inspection in the trucking industry to try to figure out how to improve safety. Nonetheless, if you have been injured in a truck accident near Jackson, call the German law firm, PLLC will help you find out more about the best way to get compensation. The Jackson 18 Wheel Accident Law Firm fought on behalf of many victims of large truck accidents to protect their rights and obtain fair compensation.
Schedule your free consultation with the Jackson personal injury lawyer at the German law firm, PLLC today by calling (601) 487-0555.