Dublin, November 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The report “Chile Freight and Logistics Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecast (2021 – 2026)” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Chile has one of the most stable and free market economies in Latin America. Although logistics in Chile are still on the development track, the country’s import and export operations have increased in recent years.
The country’s perfect geographic location offers great potential for countries like Europe, Asia and South and Central America to connect by air, sea or land.
The country has also invested heavily in improving the country’s infrastructure. The Chilean government recently invested in the new rail investment program in 2020, and also launched a $ 7 billion road infrastructure plan in 2019 to build nearly 17,000 km of roads across the country as well as a $ 2.4 billion economic stimulus program in June 2019 to accelerate public works and revive the country’s economy.
E-commerce is also growing in Chile and is expected to grow from the current rate of 10% per year between 2017 and 2020 and reach 2.5 billion euros by 2020. This also offers great opportunities for logistics operators to offer e-commerce logistics. services to brands, marketplaces and e-merchants to optimize and integrate execution and distribution.
Key market trendsIncreased investments in the expansion of the rail network in Chile
Chile ranked 70 out of 103 for the quality of its rail infrastructure in 2019 according to the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report and the country also reached 61st for the efficiency of its rail services.
In order to foster the development of a comprehensive logistics network in the country, the expansion of ports in Chile requires improved rail connections to link the ports to the main centers of manufacturing, production and consumption, which are located within from the country.
The Chilean government invested nearly US $ 5 billion in 2020 in one of the country’s largest rail development plans called “Chile on Rails” which aims to double rail freight volumes to over 21 million tonnes per year by 2027 and triple the number of passengers. The project will include 27 infrastructure and security projects to strengthen passenger and freight services across the country and is expected to be completed by 2027.
According to the Ministry of Transport, funding for these projects has already been secured, with 44% of the total funding being directed to projects in the Santiago region while the remaining 56% will be directed to projects in regions outside of Santiago. . Among the most important projects are the Santiago-Melipilla Melitren railway, the Santiago-Batuco-Tiltil commuter train line; and the Merval Quillota-La Calera extension.
Growth of air freight transport in the country
The air transport sector makes a major contribution to the Chilean economy. Tons of air freight carried per kilometer decreased by almost 3.3% in 2019 compared to 2018, while capacity, measured in tonnes of freight per kilometer available increased by 2.1% in 2019. However, in 2020 exports saw an increase and it was reported that in January 2020, nearly 36,238 tons of cargo were carried on domestic and international flights, registering a growth of almost 12.7% compared to the same period in 2019.
There is an increase in exports of fruits like red cherries from Chile to other countries like China, which provides increased opportunities for air cargo suppliers to improve their offerings tailored to perishable cargo needs. China accounted for nearly 90% of Chilean cherry exports in 2019 with exports reaching nearly 210,000 tonnes in Q4 2019.
The Chilean freight and logistics market is competitive and fragmented with the presence of many local and international players. The country is considered to have great potential for European and Spanish logistics providers and there are many advantages for other countries to develop their business operations in Chile as well.
- Logistics agility
- Logistics Agunsa
- Alfa logistics
- Andes Logistics of Chile
- Bertling Logistique SA
- BollorÃ© Logistics Chile SA
- Ceva Logistics
- CH Robinson Worldwide Chile
- Coexco Chile
- DB Schenker Chile
- DSV Air et Mer SA
- EIT Logistica SA
- EuroTrans Chile
- Taylor Logistics Chile
- TNT Express (Chile)
- Vanguard Logistics Chile
Main topics covered:
DYNAMICS AND MARKET OVERVIEW
- Market Snapshot
- Market factors
- Market constraints
- Industry value chain analysis
- Porters 5 Force Analysis
- Overview of technological market trends
- Insights on the e-commerce industry
- Government regulations and initiatives
- Brief on freight rates
- Impact of COVID 19 on the market
MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nswg3v